The below facts were compiled in 2018:
- The top number of nominations by any one author: Stephen King, with 32 total nominations.
- The top number of wins by any one author: Stephen King, with 12 total wins.
- The top number of losses by any one author: Stephen King, with 20 total losses.
- No author has won in more than six categories, but three authors have achieved that: Harlan Ellison, Stephen King, and Thomas F. Monteleone.
- The top number of award categories an author has been nominated in: 8. Four authors have been nominated in 8 categories: Christopher Golden, Joe R. Lansdale, Lisa Morton, and Tom Piccirilli.
- The awards are presented in a different city each year, but they’ve been presented most often in New York. (Click here to see a list of where the presentations have taken place.)
- When Christina Sng became the first Singaporean to receive a Bram Stoker Award (the 2017 Poetry Collection award for A Collection of Nightmares), she was lauded in Singapore’s biggest newspaper The Strait Times!
- “Bram Stoker Award Winners” was a category on the February 16, 2015 edition of the game show Jeopardy. The clues were:
- $400 – Novel, 1988: This Thomas Harris thriller that made readers bleat
- $800 – 2003, Lifetime Achievement: This woman who taught us a lot about vampires
- $1200 – 2012, Graphic Novel: These “Hunts”: “A Graphic History of the Burning Times”
- $1600 (“Daily Double”)- 2012, Screenplay: “The Cabin in the Woods” by Drew Goddard & this “Buffy” biggie
- $2000 – Novel, 1995: “Zombie” by this prolific woman
Would you like to make your own “Fun Facts” about the Bram Stoker Awards? Then click here to download a spreadsheet of all the nominees and winners, broken down by category.